Sunday, December 4, 2011

DIY Dip Dyed/Bleached High Waisted Denim Shorts

Do you have so many pairs of plain denim shorts laying around and you want to spice a pair up in a head turning way?

Mix some bleach with water. Like 1 part to 1 part. In a container that you can somehow pin or place your shorts in the same place for a while to "dip" them in the bleach so you get the desired effect below. leave them in until you get the white you wish. careful not to leave them in too long because the bleach can eat away at your denim.
to stop the bleach, wash it in some vinegar.
boom, done!
distress at your will <3

4 comments:

  1. HI!Love the result!
    I have been trying for ages to get a similar result but with no luck really...
    what bleach did you use?I bought some from sainsbury;s but it didn't work at all...
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      This isn't a picture I've taken but I have done it in the past and gotten the denim white from bleach. Don't use pure bleach because it will literally eat away at the denim. There are directions on the bottle for diluting usually. I left mine for like a day or so. I used regular clorox bleach from wal-mart! I hope this helps! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I love how these turned out! I was just wondering how long you left them in the bleach to get the bottoms so white ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did you leave your jeans I'm the bleach?

    ReplyDelete

About Us

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Follow me on twitter! @KelseyLenae